Welcome to Asheboro High School, home of the Blue Comets!
"We are committed to providing students with opportunities that will enable them to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners and productive citizens."
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Exceptional students (e. g., special education, limited English proficiency, gifted and talented, etc.) require special services and resources.
- Positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff enhance a student’s self-esteem.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Students need to not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is to enable students to become confident, productive, self-directed, lifelong learners.
We are glad to welcome you into the Blue Comet Family!