The vision of the Asheboro City Schools Exceptional Children’s Department is to create opportunities that enable and empower each student with special needs to develop to their maximum potential in their school and community.
Asheboro City School Exceptional Children’s Services Department partners with students, staff, families and our community to provide meaningful individualized instruction to achieve on-going academic growth, while facilitating social and emotional development resulting in students becoming self-advocates and active members of the community.
We are a community of special educators unified in our beliefs that:
- Setting and maintaining high expectations fosters student learning and growth;
- Each student has a right to a free and appropriate public education and our role is to safe-guard and champion efforts that ensure equitable access to quality instruction;
- Collaboration between home and school is critical to supporting the whole child;
- By removing barriers to learning, each student has the opportunity to receive a meaningful educational experience;
- Exceptional Children service delivery can be strengthened by engaging in a systematic problem-solving process to improve student outcomes at the district, school, classroom, and individual student level.
Click here to find out more information on Child Find.
Who to Contact:
Click here to view EC's contact information.