In order to enroll a child in Asheboro City Schools you will need the following documentation:
• certified birth certificate for each student you plan to enroll
• proof of address such as a lease agreement or power bill
• photo ID for the enrolling parent (you will need a copy of the court order that gives you
guardianship of the student if you are not on the child's birth certificate.)
You will need to take these documents to the school for enrollment to be completed.
If you are unsure of the school the student will attend, please call the central office at 336-625-5104 for assistance.
Applications for student transfers are available on the Asheboro City Schools website from March 1st to June 1st each year. Applications should be completed prior to the deadline of June 1st for students who wish to attend a school other than the one they are assigned.
• Admission Application: If a student lives outside of the ACS district, but wishes to attend a
school inside the ACS district. A release application must also be completed with the school
district the student is assigned to (even if the student has never attended school in that district).
An admission application will not be processed without a release.
Tuition is $250 per family for out of district students.
• Reassignment Application: If a student lives in the ACS district, but wishes to attend a different
school within the district. There is no tuition fee for these students.
• Release Application: If a student lives in the ACS district, but wishes to attend a
school in another district.
The student transfer committee will review each completed application and will notify the applicant of decision no later than June 30th. Please consult Board Policy 4150
for additional information regarding student transfers. If you need additional assistance please contact Tena Lester