Asheboro City Schools distributes non-school materials/flyers electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request approval to distribute non-school materials to students, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed directly to parents at the selected schools and posted online for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
1. Visit www.peachjar.com
2. Register as an Enrichment/Community Organization
3. Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
When reviewing material for approval, Asheboro City Schools will apply the following standards:
Only the following agencies and organizations are permitted to distribute or display educational information or information about programs and activities of interest to students:
- Local, state, and federal government agencies and departments;
- Non-profit organizations that offer educational, recreational, cultural or character development activities or programs for school aged children;
- School/business partnerships or incentive programs that directly enhance or support the school's educational program;
- Community colleges, universities and other non-profit institutions of higher education
- The materials must not be political in nature, materials must comply with school district policies and state/government laws and regulations.
- All materials must contain the following disclaimer: This is a non-school material that is neither endorsed nor necessarily reflective of the views of Asheboro City Schools.
Advertising at Athletic Events
Asheboro City Schools allows for advertising at Asheboro High School football games and other athletic events so as long as compliance is upheld of Board Policy 5240 - Advertising in Schools. Please review the following guidelines and policies regarding advertising.