School Mission and Vision
The faculty and staff of Balfour School, working together with parents, students, and community members, will create a culture that empowers students to become active, global citizens and lifelong learners.
To lead us toward our vision and mission, our school community shares the following core beliefs:
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Fostering the appreciation of diversity increases students’ understanding of different people and cultures, leading to global awareness.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional methods in order to learn, achieve, and succeed at their ability level.
- Daily attendance at school increases learning opportunities for students
- Teachers must prepare students to take their place in a globally competitive world.
- Faculty, staff, students, parents and the greater community share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission.
- A student’s learning and talent is enhanced through the utilization of available technology.
- A safe, orderly and caring environment promotes student learning
- The school’s commitment to continuous improvement enables students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.