Dear Families, Staff, Students, and Community Members:
Thank you for taking the time to review the Asheboro City Schools North Carolina School Report Card for the 2018-2019 school year. While the North Carolina School Report Card provides important information about our school district, including student performance, teacher quality, school safety, and other measures of achievement, we believe it only represents a small snapshot of the work actually happening in our schools. We have incredible students and teachers who are doing amazing things all throughout our district.
Highlights from the data release for Asheboro City Schools include:
- All schools were issued a School Performance Grade of a B or C.
- Two schools exceeded growth and five schools met growth.
- Proficiency scores increased in the areas of Reading, Math, and Science among our fifth-grade students.
- Four-year graduation rates exceeded the state rate overall and in seven subgroups.
- Over 62 percent of our senior class met the ACT/WorkKeys standards for college or career readiness.
- More than 95 percent of the 2019 senior class met the Math Course Rigor by successfully completing NC Math 3.
The information from our school report cards helps us evaluate our programs and instructional effectiveness, guide curriculum development, promote accountability, and most importantly, ensure each child in Asheboro City Schools is learning and growing. We are proud of our successes in 2018-2019 and remain focused on continuous improvement.
If you have questions, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Thank you for your continued support of Asheboro City Schools!
Aaron Woody, Ed.D.
Click here for Asheboro City Schools NC Report Card