ACS and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Asheboro City Schools continues to work with local public health officials during the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic. We are developing our re-entry plans for the 2020-2021 school year to ensure the safety of our students and staff. We will update the following pages throughout the summer as our plans become more definitive. 

Transfer Students

Transfer Students

If you are new to ACS and have a child who has been receiving special education services, you will need to enroll your child at his/her designated school.
The enrollment process:
Contact the appropriate home school to complete the enrollment process.
If you are unsure which school is your home school, please call Student Services at 336-625-5104 ext. 239100.
  • Provide a copy of your child's IEP and any other supporting documents;
  • Your child's birth certificate;
  • Proof of address (a current electric bill, lease, etc);
  • A photo ID of the parent or guardian
  • You will be asked to complete a enrollment  packet;
  • Be sure to indicate on the form that your child has been enrolled in special programs, received special education services, and had an IEP.

The home school will collaborate with the Exceptional Children’s Department to help determine the appropriate next steps.  

If you have any other questions, please contact at your home school or the Exceptional Children’s Department at 336-625-5104 ext. 244100.

© 2020 Asheboro City Schools. All Rights Reserved.